Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Yummy

There are more awesome recipes I can share! I usually try to experiment with cooking with vegetables, and I stumbled upon this wonderful veggie enchilada dinner. Our enchilada experiences previously involved three ingredients: cheese, corn torilla and enchilada sauce, but not anymore! We made a mix using spinach, bell peppers, onion, tomatoes and store bought green chile enchilada sauce. I also added some cheddar cheese, but just a little!

I cook the onions and bell peppers first, then add the tomatoes. I add frozen spinach and let it cook. Lastly, I add the green chile enchilada sauce and cheese just to heat them. We soften the corn tortillas with some heated olive oil then serve.

And this is the wonderful and yummy result.



I also make yogurt blends for dessert sometimes. I mix an organic yogurt with frozen fruit (usually sweetened only with banana) and add toppings like sliced almonds, shredded coconut, and ground flax seed. My favorite mix is frozen mango and frozen banana.



And finally, one wonderful dessert drink that I make when I crave sweets and rather have something not too unhealthy for me, is this wonderful banana chocolate drink. I mix frozen bananas with milk (more bananas if you want a thicker shake, more milk for a thinner result), about a 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1 - 1 1/2 teaspoon raw cacao powder, and a half of a packet of suncrystals. I also add hemp protein. If you don't have cacao powder, I recommend using a chocolate protein powder (a healthy one, made with stevia) or cocoa mix. If the protein powder or cocoa mix already contain sugar, don't add the suncrystals. This is by far one my favorite dessert drinks. It's like having a healthier version of a banana milkshake.

Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment