Monday, August 15, 2011

Blended lentil, tomato and onion

I was ready to make green beans, only to find that I had waited too long to make them and that they lived a short life in the fridge. I realized that I had lentils, but I didn't like any of the recipes I found online, so I decided to make my own simple blend.

Blended lentil, tomato & onion
Ingredients:
1/2 cup lentils
salt & pepper to taste
2 tablespoons of butter
1 tomato
1/4 chopped onion
1 tablespoon of garlic

Cook lentils in 1 cup water and salt until they soften. At the same time, melt butter in a small pan then cook the onions until they start to soften. Dice the tomato, and add the tomato and garlic to the pan. Cover for 5-10 minutes until all ingredients are soft. Mix in lentils then cover for another 10 minutes. Blend or mix the contents of the pan in a food processor until everything is smooth. Add about 1/4 water from the lentil water if there is any left if the paste is too thick. It reminded me of refried beans. It went great with our quinoa tonight!

Makes 2 1/2 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment