Thursday, August 16, 2012

Green Smoothies

I revamped my old green smoothie recipe into something that seems more filling. It was time for a change. I had taken the same dark green smoothie drink to work for over two years. Same old taste, same old strange looks when I brought it out of my lunch bag.

Here is my old recipe:
1/4 or 1/3 cup of frozen pineapple
1/4 or 1/3 cup of frozen mango
1/3 slice of frozen banana
1/2 cup of orange juice
1/4 cup of spinach
1/4 cup of water
1 teaspoon of spirulina powder
1 tablespoon of hemp protein powder

Blend the spinach and water together until completely blended. Then add in the rest of the ingredients and blend.


I throw my new recipe into the vitamix

Yummy green goodness
New recipe:
2 slices of frozen peaches
4 cubes of frozen pineapple
4 cups of frozen mango
1/3 slice of banana
1/4 organic french vanilla yogurt
1/3 cup or splash of almond milk
1/4 cup orange juice
1 teaspoon spirulina
1/3 cup pecans
1 kale leaf




I buy the frozen fruit cut and packaged from my grocery store, and slice and freeze the bananas beforehand. The vanilla yogurt is from stoneyfield, the orange juice is pulp free and from simply orange juice. I buy spirulina and hemp protein powder from nuts.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment